|Vertical Knee Travel||16"|
|Spindle Quill Travel||5"|
|Spindle Speeds||60 - 4,500 RPM|
|Spindle To Table||2-1/8" - 18"|
|Spindle Quill Feeds||0.0015" - 0.003" -0.006"|
|Power Draw Bar||No|
|Speed Selector||Variable Speed|
|Voltage||220/440V ~ 3 Phase|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||78" x 71" x 86"|
|Milled Oil Grooves
|Hard Chrome Ways
|Hand Scraped Saddle
|ABEC-7 Spindle Bearings
|One Shot Lube System
DISTRIBUTOR OF THE YEAR AWARD
The Table and Saddle area of the machine also has precision and quality built into the machine, the double table locks to offer more even pressure on the gib, chrome finish table crank handles that spin in you hand as they rotate, and a view of the front accordion style way covers. – Finished off with Hand Scraped Table Top Surface
Outstanding Head Features
- To dissipate heat in the 3 HP motor driven head, a pair of high output fans are installed to pull out the heat in a positive draw. This allows the machine to work demanding jobs for extended periods without damaging the motor, belts and bearings. A unique LCM Series feature.
- The motor shaft and Vari Drive pulleys are dynamically balanced, then hard-chromed this allow for vibration free milling even at high speeds
- The Vari-speed drive system is operated by sliding the Vari Drive pulley up and down the motor shaft - so he motor shaft is therefore chrome-plated and has an oil channel that is fed by a grease fitting on the lower end for self-lubricating purpose. This ensures the sliding motion is trouble free at all times and adds to a long life. A unique LCM Series feature.
- The motor shaft that drives the pulley and the spindle is subject to a lot of lateral stress. A lower support roller bearing is installed for the support of the motor shaft on both ends. Another unique LCM Series feature.
- Beside swiveling 90 degree side to side, the head can also swivel up and down by virtue of a knuckle joint design. The new design developed by Sharp uses 6 bolts, 3 each side - that are fitted into a circular T-slot milled at the inside of the over arm and secured by nuts from the outside. It secured the head tightly and offered high accuracy in milling operations.
- A matched pair of super-precision ABEC-7 angular contact bearings supports the spindle. The quill is CNC-ground to a mirror finish, and then chromed to fit the housing. Together, they insure spindle run out of no more than 0.00002" TIR- the best in the industry.
Column, Table and Knee
- Certified MEEHANITE a castings are used for superior rigidity and better dampening of vibrations – as well as longer machine life.
- Table and saddle backlash is controlled by a double-nut design that keeps the feed screw in contact with a pair of bronze nut at all times.
- The end of the table and saddle are mounted with thrust bearings that pre-load the feed screw, eliminating endplay for precisely controlled lateral movement.